HomeRefrigerationRefrigeratorsSide By Side RefrigeratorsVikingProfessional SeriesVCSB5482DX
Viking VCSB5482DX Professional Series
48" Built-in Side by Side Refrigerator with Spillproof Plus Glass Shelves, Cold Zone/Humidity Drawers, Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier and External Ice/Water Dispenser
In the 70's Fred Carl Jr., a fourth generation building contractor was building kitchens for his clients and saw many of them used commercial ranges in their home. When it was time for him to build his own kitchen, he realized the commercial ranges that were offered were not well suited for the home. His wife wanted a classic looking range like the old Chambers, her mother used to use. His solution was to create a hybrid range that would combine the look and styling of commercial ranges and yet have the safety features and sizes home consumers desired.
Consistency in both performance and design should be a major consideration when building or remodeling a home. With the complete Viking indoor or outdoor kitchen, every single product works together in form and function with the same level of excellence. It's something Viking calls Design Integrity.
Viking offers complete ultra-premium kitchens and truly consistent design, while delivering the quality and performance that make Viking the true market leader. Across all product categories, the knobs, handles, bezels, curves, angles, and lines all follow the same design cues Ã¢Â€Â“ even the grain of stainless is the same from product to product. This enables the designer to create a perfectly harmonious kitchen in one of three Viking product offerings Ã¢Â€Â“ Professional Indoor, D3 Indoor, or Professional Outdoor.
You wouldn't install mismatched cabinets and drawers or countertops. Yet design differences are even more dramatic between multiple appliance manufacturers. Traditional or contemporary. Stainless or color finish. No matter the look you're going for, no one can match the Viking kitchen and Viking Design Integrity.
Viking Built-in refrigerator-freezers
Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Apple Red (AR), Burgundy (BU), Cobalt Blue (CB), Cinnamon (CN), Dijon (DJ), Graphite Gray (GG), Kettle Black (KB), Stone Gray (SG), Viking Blue (VB), and Wasabi (WS)
Freestanding refrigerator/freezers, refrigerated drawers, and ice machines are available in Stainless Steel (SS) only.
15" wide refrigerated beverage center and undercounter wine cellar are available in a clear glass door with a stainless steel frame.
24" wide refrigerated beverage center, undercounter refrigerator, and undercounter wine cellar are available in a clear glass door with a stainless steel frame.
Built-in full-height wine cellar
Available in a clear glass door with a stainless steel frame
Outdoor refrigeration products
Undercounter refrigerator, refrigerated drawers, and ice machine are available in solid door option only, in Stainless Steel (SS)
The complete Viking kitchen. Completely perfect. If cooking is everything, then the Viking Professional Series kitchen is everything you need. From cooking to cleanup to refrigeration â€“ Viking delivers the ultimate in performance and design. You'll have the power, control, and capacity to cook any dish. And the convenience, features, and style to conquer any party.All Viking Professional products are covered by a full three-year warranty.
**SPECIAL ORDER** Allow 8 weeks for delivery.
- 27.4 cu. ft. total.
- 18.5 cu. ft. refrigerator.
- 8.9 cu. ft. freezer.
ProChill Temperature Management System
- Variable speed DC Overdrive compressor is one of the quietest, most technologically advanced compressors available.
- Electronic controls provide precise temperature management with digital readout.
- Multi-channel airflow system and Odor Eliminator evaporator remove odors and excess humidity.
Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier
- Eliminates airborne bacteria and mold spores.
- Removes odors.
- Enhances food preservation.
- Never needs replacing / no filter required.
- Plasmacluster is a trademark of Sharp Corporation.
Frost-Free Refrigerator Professional Features
- Fresh food items are at or above waist level, allowing less bending and stooping to retrieve food.
- Adjustable Cold Zone Drawer with precision ball-bearing glides and adjustable temperature control.
- Allows storage of foods 3° - 5° colder than the refrigerator.
- Quick chill option chills foods and beverages in minutes.
- Two Adjustable Humidity Zone drawers with precision ball-bearing glides for large-item storage.
- Moisture can be adjusted for fresh, leafy vegetables or crisp fruits and vegetables.
- Easy access even with door at 90° opening.
- New Spillproof Plus shelves with Nano technology create an invisible barrier to contain spills and maximize usable space.
- 3/8" tempered glass provides industry leading durability.
- Two in-the-door magnetically sealed dairy compartments with see-through, lift-up covers.
- Additional storage in four large, metal door bins provide enduring performance to securely store heavy items.
- New LED lighting on the top and sidewalls illuminates interior when door opens.
Frost-Free Freezer Professional Features
- Adaptive defrost controls the timing of the defrost periods instead of an electromechanical defrost timer.
- Extends to 96 hours - improves food storage because the unit defrosts less often.
- Full-extension main freezer compartment pulls out like a drawer for easy access to bulky frozen foods.
- Opens quietly and easily, with ball bearing rollers which glide on a steel track.
- Positive self-closing feature ensures a good seal.
- Upper freezer basket slides independently of main freezer compartment; ideal for fragile or frequently used items.
- Factory-installed automatic ice maker features large capacity ice bucket.
- Ice container slides out with upper freezer basket for easy access to ice.
- Ice container is "positively located" so its always in position to catch dispensing cubes when the freezer drawer is closed.
- Ice maker is deactivated when the freezer is open, ensuring ice won't dispense when the drawer is open.
- Door alarm sounds and glows to warn that the fresh food door and/or freezer drawer have been ajar for three minutes.
- Also warns that the temperature has risen above normal operating range.
Ice and Water Dispenser Features
- Through-the-door dispenser provides cubed ice, crushed ice, and chilled water in easy on-hand operation.
- Convenient location reduces the need to open the door and also conserves energy.
- Reversing ice dispenser motor clears jams.
- Premium water filter provides cleaner water and ice supply by filtering bad tastes, odors, sediment, and harmful contaminants.
- Conveniently located in bottom of refrigerator compartment for easy removal and installation of replacement cartridges.
Easy Maintenance and Cleanup
- Super Clog-Resistant condenser is maintenance free under normal use.
- Top-mounted and front venting sealed refrigeration system works silently and efficiently.
- 24" depth keeps items in back within comfortable reach.
- Spill proof tempered-glass shelves contain spills and leaks, preventing leakage to lower shelves and drawers.
- Power interruption switch behind consumer-removable top grille completely turns off power to unit for safe cleaning or servicing.
- Adjustable-height lower kick plate removes to provide easy access to evaporator pan.
- Tru-Flush design allows refrigerator to fit flush into 24" deep installation cutout.
- Design and basic dimensions provide built-in appearance with standard cabinetry.
- Exterior moisture control system prevents condensation.
- Heavy-duty commercial-style door handles.
- Dual-magnet door seal system automatically closes door within 30° of the refrigerator or freezer compartment.
- Door stops are factory set at 110° swing; easily adjust to 90° or 120° swing.
- Stainless steel lower kickplate.
- Removable, stainless steel upper grille.
- Thin wall and door construction, coupled with high-density insulation, provides maximum interior space.
- Four independent, front adjustable levelers make installation quick and easy.
- Egg container.
- Stainless steel side panels (PSSPL2, PSSPR2, DSSPL2, DSSPR2).
- Stainless steel top kit (TOP-48).
Exclusive Color Finishes
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), White (WH), Stone Gray (SG), Graphite Gray (GG), Apple Red (AR),
- Wasabi (WS), Cinnamon (CN), Dijon (DJ), Burgundy (BU), Black (BK), Cobalt Blue (CB), and Viking Blue (VB).
- Three-year full warranty - complete unit.
- Six-year full warranty - sealed system.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Twelve-year limited - sealed system.
- Ninety-day full - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.
||18.5 Cu. Ft.
||8.9 Cu. Ft.
||27.4 Cu. Ft.
||115 Volt, 60 Hz, 15 Amp Dedicated Circuit; 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-Prong Plug Attached To Product
|Maximum Amp Usage:
|Inlet Water Requirements:
||1/4" Copper Tubing Inlet Waterline; Minimum 35 psi; Maximum 120 psi
|Approx. Shipping Weight:
|Overall Depth To Front Edge Of Side Trim:
|Overall Depth To Front Of Top Grille:
|Overall Depth To Front Edge Of Door Trim:
|Overall Depth To Front Of Handle Endcap:
||82 3/4" Min. - 84 1/16" Max.
||47 5/8" Min. - 47 3/4" Max.
||82 7/8" Min. - 84 1/16" Max.