|HomeCooking ProductsCooktopsElectric CooktopsSmoothtopVikingProfessional 5 SeriesVUIW518|
+ Product Information
+ Technical Details
Energy Star Rated: No
In the 70's Fred Carl Jr., a fourth generation building contractor was building kitchens for his clients and saw many of them used commercial ranges in their home. When it was time for him to build his own kitchen, he realized the commercial ranges that were offered were not well suited for the home. His wife wanted a classic looking range like the old Chambers, her mother used to use. His solution was to create a hybrid range that would combine the look and styling of commercial ranges and yet have the safety features and sizes home consumers desired.
Consistency in both performance and design should be a major consideration when building or remodeling a home. With the complete Viking indoor or outdoor kitchen, every single product works together in form and function with the same level of excellence. It's something Viking calls Design Integrity.
Viking offers complete ultra-premium kitchens and truly consistent design, while delivering the quality and performance that make Viking the true market leader. Across all product categories, the knobs, handles, bezels, curves, angles, and lines all follow the same design cues â even the grain of stainless is the same from product to product. This enables the designer to create a perfectly harmonious kitchen in one of three Viking product offerings â Professional Indoor, D3 Indoor, or Professional Outdoor.
You wouldn't install mismatched cabinets and drawers or countertops. Yet design differences are even more dramatic between multiple appliance manufacturers. Traditional or contemporary. Stainless or color finish. No matter the look you're going for, no one can match the Viking kitchen and Viking Design Integrity.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING
True Commercial Technology For The Home
• Offers four selectable temperature settings: 150°/160°/175°/190°F (65°/70°/80°/85°C)
• The Magneeto II trivet-like device is used on the upper surface of the countertop to locate the heat zone and acts as a temperature sensor
• Touch control user interface with SmarTag Technology uses a wireless communicator to provide precise temperature control
• Cookware/bakeware up to a diameter of approximately 12" (30.5 cm) with an induction compatible base can be used
• Automatic pan detection allows for instant energy transmission to pan and no energy transmission when pan is not present
• Can combine up to three units per 15 amp circuit
• A beautiful piece of natural stone or engineered stone can transform into an induction warmer capable of holding food within 2°F
• Designed to be mounted directly under stone or engineered stone countertops
• The unit mounts underneath the counter with no drilling or cutting of the stone required
• Compatible with all natural and engineered stones