Get Smart, Go Tiny
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Get Smart, Go Tiny Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old or at least the age of majority in their state of residence or older at the time of entry (each an “entrant”). Employees and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and those living in their same households, whether or not related, of Plesser’s Appliances, Tiny Hamptons, Samsung, participating vendor prize providers, Gleam, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional fulfillment, marketing and promotion agencies, website providers, webmasters along with the officers, directors, owners, members, agents and employees of each of them, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (and their respective parents) are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Sponsor: Plesser’s Appliances, 235 Little East Neck Road, Suite A, Babylon, NY 11702 Administrator: Gleam.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on January 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion and operates on ET.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit and/or within a Plesser’s Appliances or Tiny Hamptons communication or another partner communication or site or social page, click on the promotion banner/button and follow the links to access the Promotion.
Follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each valid item you enter. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Sweepstakes/Monthly Prize: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible monthly prize winners no later than February 29, 2020. Monthly Prize: Twelve (random), computer-generated winners, one (1) per month, will be generated during the Promotion Period.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be notified by email or phone. Except where prohibited, the potential Sweepstakes winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. In addition, the Grand Prize winner will be required to complete IRS Form W-9 and provide a copy of current Driver’s License. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to the Administrator’s notification email with shipping address confirmation (if prize is valued at less than $99.99) or fails to sign and return the Declaration (if applicable), Affidavit (if applicable), or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner of any prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded.
Sweepstakes Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize package includes the following:
One 24-Foot Tiny House on Trailer: Valued at $65,000.00. Prize includes a 24-foot base model which includes Samsung appliances. Tiny house is won as is. No modifications or changes will be allowed. Winner is responsible for all costs and expenses related to the prize that are not specifically mentioned, including, delivery of the tiny house from Long Island, New York area to destination of choice in 50 U.S., any required licenses or permits (including, without limitation, any permits required to transport and utilize the Tiny Home), all expenses relating to taxes, title, insurance, etc. Any additional installation or work needed to place house is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner can elect to decline 24-foot tiny house portion of the Grand Prize package and accept a $15,000 cash alternative option (awarded in the form of a check); and Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Publicity Release. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Monthly Prizes: TWELVE (12) MONTHLY PRIZES: TBD. One prize will be awarded each month in 2019. Prizes will be announced at the beginning of that month. No substitutions or exchanges permitted. Odds of winning the Monthly Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Date Prize ARV
If the value of a winner’s prize exceeds $600, they will receive an IRS form 1099 and will be responsible for all taxes associated with acceptance of the prize. For All Prizes: All products determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. The actual value of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. In such a case, winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason without liability and for any reason including, but not limited to: production delays caused by labor disruptions, parts shortages, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen events, or any other reasons. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes prize and One (1) Monthly prize per person. TOTAL RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES IS APPROXIMATELY: $59,995.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Gleam, Tiny Hamptons, Samsung, participating vendor prize providers and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor, and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/province/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By entering the Promotion, each entrant assigns all intellectual property rights, including copyright, and waives all moral rights, in favor of the Released Parties, as applicable, and agrees that any other documentation required for such assignment shall be executed by the entrant in writing upon request at any time by the Sponsor.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or human error impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; or (6) any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Promotion or any prize awarded. If for any reason an entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of Suffolk County or the appropriate New York State Court located in Suffolk County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit Plessers.com/giveaway. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
16. Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s direct mail list: write to Plesser’s Appliances, Attn: Marketing Department – Privacy, 235 Little East Neck Road, Suite A, Babylon, NY 11702 or email email@example.com with “No Snail Mail” in the subject line and include your name/address information and your name will be removed within 60 days of the request.
Product names and trademarks referred to in these Official Rules belong to the applicable brand trademark holders and prize providers. Unless affiliated with Plesser’s Appliances, the trademark owners are independent entities and are not sponsors of this promotion.